How to Complete a Self Reflection
Self Reflections are opportunities to ask employees to take a brief pause and share their achievements, their struggles, how they want to grow and how they can get help within your company.
Self Reflections are shared with their managers so that they can engage in a dialogue to acknowledge achievements and chart a path to move forward.
Writing your self reflection
- When a self reflection goes live, it will show up as a notification in your inbox. You can also access this under the sidebar menu under "Me" and "Self Reflections" you'll see a red banner saying that there's a self reflection available to complete.
- Automatic emails won't be sent out telling employees included in the cycle that they have one open. We do; however, send out reminders 1, 2 and 3 days away from the due date.
- We auto-save your responses every five seconds so feel free to take your time to respond.
- When you submit, your responses become read-only. You may add comments later but cannot edit the submitted text.
Tracking your self reflection
- You can find your self reflection in "Self Reflections" under the "Me" menu tab.
- From there you or your manager will be able to use the text areas to add comments.
What managers can see
- When you submit, the self reflection will be sent to your manager, and he/she will be notified in their "Inbox" and by email.
- Your manager can read it and comment back on specific responses. You'll also be notified if there are any comments back.
Your manager can also easily reference your self reflection when completing an employee evaluation.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.