Self Reflections are an opportunity to ask employees to take a brief pause and share their achievements, their struggles, how they want to grow and how they can get help within your company.
Self Reflections are shared with their managers so that they can engage in a dialogue to acknowledge achievements and chart a path to move forward.
Setting up your cycle
As an admin you are able to create a new self reflection cycle that will be sent to all eligible employees. You can edit eligibility individually in Users.
- To create a new cycle, go to your Company Account and select Self Reflections.
- Customize your questions as you see fit or use our default set of questions. Employees will need to answer each question to proceed.
- Label your self reflection cycle and assign dates to start and finish.
You are now done creating the cycle! Employees will receive in-app notifications when the cycle starts. Zugata doesn't send out emails kicking off the Self Reflection cycle though, we do send out reminders though.
Zugata will send automated email and in-app notification reminders to complete self reflections if they have not been completed seven days before the due date, and subsequently three, two, and one day before the due date. Reminders after the due date are not sent by Zugata.
You may request that these emails be omitted by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. In-app notifications cannot be turned off.
Reviewing self reflection progress
When you click on a particular cycle, you will see a dashboard that highlights the following:
- All eligible employees and existing completed responses (read only)
- Who has completed their self reflection, how many managers have read them and how many managers have commented on them
- Settings to change the name and dates of a cycle
- How to end a cycle, which prevents further self reflections from being submitted
HRBPs are able to review self reflection progress for the departments assigned to them.